Ok Ok, I know what you’re thinking…green olives??? Well, the answer is YES! Green olives! This casserole has some very unique flavors but somehow it all works. Between the celery and green olives and the turkey meatballs, it just keeps you coming back for more.
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1/2 pound pre-cooked meatballs, thawed — you can always make your own instead
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 – 1 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the over to 350°. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package to al dente.
- Meanwhile, mix soup and sour cream in a large bowl. Add pasta, meatballs and olives. Stir gently to combine all ingredients. Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Melt the butter and add in the bread crumbs. Stir well and sprinkle evenly over the casserole. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until casserole is hot and bubbly.