I got this recipe from a friend. His wife used to make it for us when we would have company potlucks all the time and it was always a hit. Recently we had a little potluck at my current job and I had to fight to get any of it! Everyone has at least tried the ham/cream cheese/pickle roll-up at least once in their life…well, this is a billion times better! Try it when you have some people over, I guarantee that you won’t have any leftovers…because even if you have a little left, you’re just going to eat it yourself!
- 1 loaf of French Bread
- 1 pound of ham cut up – I take thinly shaved sliced and chop it with my slap chop, works great!
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley – I use the Italian flat leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- dill pickles
- Cut bread lengthwise and scoop out the center.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on the bread and set aside.
- Mix ingredients together and spread on both sides of the bread.
- Line pickles on the bottom half of the bread and close. (I chopped up the pickles and put a full layer of chopped up pickles on the bottom half of the bread before I closed it).
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight.