Last week I had some leftover meatballs from making the Turkey Meatball and Green Olive Casserole and wanted to make spaghetti. Someone was talking about Million Dollar Spaghetti and while I read the ingredients and realized I didn’t have everything at home to make it, I remembered that I used to make a spaghetti pie. So I decided to make it, with the meatballs instead of the meat sauce, and it was awesome! My husband was a huge fan and it’s now going to be one of our go-to meals!
- 1 lb. of ground beef (or about a dozen or so meatballs in this case)
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles – cooked to al dente
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg – slightly beaten
- 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce – I normally make my own
- 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella (or sliced fresh mozzarella)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Take your cooked spaghetti noodles and toss them with the Parmesan cheese and the egg. Press into the bottom of a 9″ pie pan to form a crust. Make sure the push it from the center so that it goes up the sides as well
- Mix the meat into the spaghetti sauce and pour into the center of the ‘crust’ for the filling
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top (or if using fresh mozzarella – places slices closely together) to form the top crust
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and becomes bubbly. Let it stand for about 15 minutes and cut into wedges and serve!