I must try this recipe! And make some super gooey grilled cheese sammiches to go with it!
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz. can of whole tomatoes
- 2 cups of stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Add the whole tomatoes one at a time, squeezing them into the pan to break them up.
- Add the juice from the whole tomatoes, as well.
- Add chicken stock, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cook the soup on medium at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in heavy cream and basil.