So I was looking through a recipe book the other night and I stumbled across some Cheesy Hash Brown casseroles. All of the recipes that I found sounded great but there were things that I liked about 1 but not the other, and so I decided to make my own cheesy hash brown casserole recipe and then add some ham. This was an amazing dinner with just this and a broccoli salad as a side. I will definitely be making this again and sharing this recipe – I was literally told by one of our guy friends that if I wasn’t engaged already, he’d propose to me on the spot this was so good. Try it out and see for yourself!
- 1 can Cream of Celery
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 3 cups cubed ham
- 2 lbs. shredded hash browns (thawed)
- 4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups Corn Flakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Mix the soups with the sour cream and seasonings. Add onion, cheese and ham, mix well. Stir in thawed hash browns until fully coated with the mixture. Pour into pan.
- Melt butter and mix in crushed Corn Flakes. Spread evenly over the top of the hash browns.
- Put into 350° oven for 1 hour or until mixture is warm and bubbly.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes