Every time I go to Carrabba’s I’ve gotten the Tag Pic Pac since the first time I tried it. It has so much flavor and I’ve always thought that it had to be easy to make this at home. Well, Carrabba’s has posted the recipe on their website and I am so excited to try it!!!!
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh tagliarini or fettuccine
- To make the sauce, heat the oil and garlic together in a small skillet over medium-low heat just so the garlic is softened and the oil is very warm, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand to infuse the oil, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes and their juices into a bowl. Squeeze the tomatoes through your fingers until they are coarsely crushed. Stir in the garlic in its oil and the basil. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 1 to 2 hours for the flavors to marry.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste. Add the Tagliarini and stir well to separate the strands. Cook according to the manufacturer’s directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Return the tagliarini to its cooking pot. Add the sauce and mix well. Cover and let stand for 1 minute. Divide among 4 serving bowls and serve hot.